A new version of WhatsApp just landed at the Play Store, bringing with it new customizable notifications, contact mute controls, new emojis and the introduction of skin tone colors, among other things.
This new version allows users to customize specific conversation notifications with their own colors and tones. There are also now options to adjust how new messages pop-up depending on your screen’s on/off status and the ability to mute a conversation for a specific period of time.
Another helpful feature is the ability to mark conversations as read and unread, which might come in handy if you want to respond to something at a later date. There’s also a switch to lower the quality of voice calls to save on your data plan, which is bound to come in handy near the end of the month.
If you’re an avid emoji sender, you will also find the new skin colors options attached to a number of emojis. There are a few new ones too, including a lovely middle finger and Vulcan salute gesture for the Trekkies.
Here’s the full list:
• Per chat custom notification settings and mute
• Mark chats as unread or read
• Added new emoji. You can also tap and hold on some emoji to choose a different color.
• When receiving a contact card, you can now quickly message or save the contact if they’re on WhatsApp
• Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls
• Language support for Urdu and Bengali
You can check the Play Store to see if there’s an update ready for you to download.
Is this update cool enough? Do you think WhatsApp services will get better now that Facebook has bought it? Let us know what you think in the comment session!